getting my pictures off my phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBookPro
I have an old Motorola v505 phone that still has a lot of pictures on it that I want to transfer to my computer. I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.5.6.

I have the phone synced with my mac. I can access the phone from the bluetooth menu on my mac and even view my mp3s that are on the phone, but when I try and browse the pictures folder I get an error message that says "The remote device is not responding. It may be busy or in use. Click continue to keep trying." When I continue it starts loading again and then after about 10-15 seconds I get the same error message. How can I fix this so I can transfer my pictures?

I don't know if this makes a difference, since I can access my mp3s just fine, but the phone is no longer in service. It hasn't had service for a few years now, but when it did, I had AT&T. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are the pics on the phone or on the media card? If it's just on the m/c all you need is an adapter to plug in via usb.
Or if they're on the actual phone, there's a program called Motorola Phone Tools to manage your files but I can't say for sure if it is compatible with Mac. I know it definitely works with Windows, though.

OP
Jew Drop
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBookPro
Thank you for the tip MYmacROX!

The pictures are on the phone itself. I was hoping to do this on my mac because bluetooth actually works on it. The bluetooth adapter I have for my old PC bunked out a while ago, so I am going to need to buy another one if I go with MPT; but I'll see if I can fire up my PC and get things to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.