iMac Sleep Issue

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm about a week into Machood and am very impressed so far. However, I do have one issue.

When I wake the system (either my mouse, keyboard or even the power button), my mouse will move and respond but clicking and scrolling have no effect. This happens about 90% of the time. I've tried unplugging and reconnecting the mouse and have had no luck. The only thing I've found that works is a hard restart which always fixes the problem.

This happened with the original mighty mouse and with the wireless Microsoft mouse I'm currently using.

Anyone else see this issue or know a resolution?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your iMac a new machine? And, have you tried various settings for the mouse in System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse?

You might also try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) which has an effect on sleep and wake functions. See this Apple KB article: Link

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that when I get home tonight. It is a brand new machine and I've gone through the preferences. Both mice work perfectly any other time. Just not after a wake up.

OP
J
Reaction score
Is your iMac a new machine? And, have you tried various settings for the mouse in System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse?

You might also try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) which has an effect on sleep and wake functions. See this Apple KB article: Link

Regards.

So I tried this yesterday and it seemed to fix the issue as the first time I awoke it from sleep, I had no problems.

However, the next two times I awoke it, I had that same mouse issues.

Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.