Just installed a 60GB OCZ Vertex in my mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini T7200 C2D 60GB OCZ Vertex 2GB RAM
Anybody else install a Solid State drive in their machines? This upgrade is well worth the $200 it cost me. The mini was decently quick after the OS-X reinstall but now it is blazing fast. As far as opening apps and docs and doing non processor intensive stuff, it easily feels like the fastest machine I've ever used now. From power button to usable desktop is now under 10 seconds. NeoOffice used to take like 20 seconds to open and now it takes 2. Awesome upgrade if you're looking for a speed boost without a new processor.

Reaction score
when they come out with a 500gb SSD that i can afford then ill think about it. until then, $700 for a 250gb is recockulous.

OP
Eire
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini T7200 C2D 60GB OCZ Vertex 2GB RAM
when they come out with a 500gb SSD that i can afford then ill think about it. until then, $700 for a 250gb is recockulous.

just using it for the OS and apps. 60GB does a fine job of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
prices are kinda high now for the new bigger SSDs but I think in a couple of years they'll be more realistic and start becoming the standard.

Patience. I hate waitin' tho'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.