Keeping OS-X healthy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini T7200 C2D 60GB OCZ Vertex 2GB RAM
I recently added a HDD upgrade in my mini and decided to do a fresh install of Tiger instead of just using Carbon Copy Cloner to clone it over. I did the install on the old hard drive, not the solid state and noticed a big performance increase when I did that. I know that all Windows OSes bog down over time due to screwy registry leftovers and interdepencies on DLLs and OCXs but I thought OS X and Linux was immune to this. Is this not true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Even the famed OS X gets clogged and cluttered, but nothing like Win.

There is much discussion about what maintenance application is best for OS X, but I think the consensus is Titanium Software. It does the basics very well, and carries out extras of your choosing. Users have often remarked how much more smoothly, and some faster, their OS is working. Safe to use, highly recommended.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.