Kensington Pilot Mouse or Logitech MX900

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think the mx 900 lacks an on off switch and the kensington has received mediocre reviews..

I'm still waiting for a decent bluetooth mouse, I don't want a usb dongle wireless one because that kinda defeats the object of a no-fuss, no-wires mouse.

For the time being I'd get a cheap wired usb mouse until someone brings out a bluetooth mouse that actually works.

Griffin might be working on one (I received a very cryptic response from then when I asked)

OP
D

dkopp1961

Aptmunich said:
I think the mx 900 lacks an on off switch and the kensington has received mediocre reviews..

I'm still waiting for a decent bluetooth mouse, I don't want a usb dongle wireless one because that kinda defeats the object of a no-fuss, no-wires mouse.

For the time being I'd get a cheap wired usb mouse until someone brings out a bluetooth mouse that actually works.

Griffin might be working on one (I received a very cryptic response from then when I asked)

You have been very helpful to me and it will show!!

Thank you

OP
K

killer_bites

i have the bluetooth logitech set for my PC. The other day - as i haven't even had my mac for over a week yet (!!!), i tried searching for my mouse (mx 900) - and it worked!! No drivers needed, most of the features work, the only thing i have yet to investigate with it is how to set up the brower back and forth, other than that it's smooooooooth! :)

OP
T

Thud

I'm using a cheapie Microsoft USB optical mouse ($20) until somebody makes a decent bluetooth mouse.

I love the logitech MX700 on my windows PC, but the bluetooth version isn't well supported on OSX yet (and there's that lack of on/off switch, which is a big deal since I plan on carting the mini around and don't want to carry the cradle).

OP
T

TachiKara

I have the logitech laser mouse. I love it. I switched it over from my pc to my new iMac 17".

Very smooth, and you don't have to worry about replacing batteries all the time.

Tach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
MichaelSullivan said:
how about this one: BT, two buttons, scroll wheel, and matches a PB/IB
http://www.dvforge.com/themousebt.shtml
I was looking at that one as well (the mouse bt) but from what I've read it has build-quality issues at doesn't always perform terribly well (loss of connection issues).

Some people like it though, but it's too expensive for me to buy and not like it...

I think the logitech mouse is the best if you'll just be using it at home, but if you want to take it anywhere you'll have issues with it switching on in your bag/case...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I got this Bluetooth mouse : http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT500.aspx# to use with my PowerBook just because I didn't want to have a dongle sticking out the side of my Pbook when traveling. It has an on-off switch and I haven't had any connection issues with it for the 3 months I've been using it. It's a little smaller than the standard mouse (read: its a mobile mouse) but for the size and how well it works it has been worth it.

OP
A

andremal

I have a 900 and the action is very poor. I have to crank the mouse sensitivity all the way up and it still moves around slowly. It also doesn't show up under Bluetooth Mice with the battery level. Any suggestions?

For the time being I've resorted to plugging a usb logitech in just so I can have the right click and scroll wheel.

Reaction score
I have the Microsoft Optical Wireless Intellimouse Explorer and it is great. CompUSA had a deal on these for $10. One drawback is that it doesn't have an on/off switch but the battery life seems good. I haven't had it die on me yet and I carry a spare set of batteries in my backpack just in case they go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.