iPod shuffle 1GB or new iPod mini?

I

iDVFH.

I had my heart set on the 1 GB shuffle for a good time and about 2 days before I was going to buy it the new iPod minis came out. Now I don't know if I made the right choice but for $50 more I get something with a screen and held alot more songs..and also I got it in green..I haven't seen it yet is the green girly? cause the blue looks girly lol

OP
E

Echo_

i got the silver was in the same situation both my friends have the silver version but the blue green and pink are all girly imo so i had to get the silver :(

OP
I

iDVFH.

lol the silver is so boring..i might just stick with the green i just wont show it in public lolol..the green wasn't bright on the apple website is it lime or like an olive?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Blue is my favorite color but I like a real Deep Darker blue. Xmas time when I bought my Mini, I checked out even the older Blue one and in person really did not like it, so went with the silver and am glad I did. Have not seen the new one in person but to me the blue still is not the way I would want it. I dont' know about Girly, but in person I just did not like even the older blue. The Green might be ok but till I see it in person I don't really know for sure.

Really in the end it's all about taste. Different people like different colors. To the Silver one is the nicest most professional looking one of the bunch from what I saw. I did not mind the older Gold one, but Gold is now gone.

OP
P

punjab

I also got it in blue, yes I am male :closed: it is still awesome coz i got the iPod mini skin and it makes the blue look frosty.... They should've made the mini in black it would've sold well! get a skin with any color it doesn't make it look so girly and plus you will get protection :)

OP
I

iDVFH.

i wanted the manly blue one so bad..but the new blue..cant let myself sink that low..apple should make a few manly colors cause no everyone is going to want to buy the silver one..if the green is that bad i'll send it back.. lolol

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The thing about the older Blue one that stopped me from buyng it was, I went to CompUSA to get it and they had a Blue one on display. Well after a bit of usage just in the dock it looked all smudged and scratched and ugly. The Silver one looked like new, so I figured the blue showed damage a lot more, so I bought the Silver one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.