I think there should be notifications via Mac-forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
pretty much as I stated on the title. It would be so nice to be able to get notified on the site when you log in. It would take all the hassle off of subscribing to everything to get notifications that you can only see once you check your email.... PLEASE upgrade this someday.....PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:|

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No need to check e-mail, just hit the Profile link. It will list all the threads you are subscribed to that have had new posts since your last visit.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Check your profile settings as bobtomay mentioned. You can automatically subscribe to threads you reply to or create and then receive email notifications when someone replies.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I know all that! But, like some forums, once you log into the forum, you will have a notification bar, similar to the one that mentions "private messages, read/unread" and show how many threads have replies and such. Trust me, it's SOOO much nicer and easier. Once you see and get used to something like that, everything else seems rather......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's called the Profile and Get New buttons. Stop being lazy

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Am I lazy...or the people who edit the site? They can be just as lazy for not making it :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Different forum software packages have different features. This is just how this particular package works. The forum staff can't change the software any more than you can change Windows to not suck ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Am I lazy...or the people who edit the site? They can be just as lazy for not making it :)
Is it not a bit much to ask that changes be made because they suit you? The forums are free and provided as a service. If you don't like the way things are setup, you are not obligated to stay.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is it not a bit much to ask that changes be made because they suit you? The forums are free and provided as a service. If you don't like the way things are setup, you are not obligated to stay.

I'm pretty sure i posted a thread in the "SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS/SITE SUPPORT"! I think i can write something since I WAS suggesting something that would make it easier for users. It's not like I am forcing something! After all, I only said, "I think..." I don't see why you have to be so moody?!?!?Can't you see all the smiley faces from everyone's posts, including mine???

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Different forum software packages have different features. This is just how this particular package works. The forum staff can't change the software any more than you can change Windows to not suck ;)

hahahaha:D windows sucks too much to even think about it right now, let alone fix it...at least for vista. I guess that why i have what i have right now;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm pretty sure i posted a thread in the "SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS/SITE SUPPORT"! I think i can write something since I WAS suggesting something that would make it easier for users. It's not like I am forcing something! After all, I only said, "I think..." I don't see why you have to be so moody?!?!?Can't you see all the smiley faces from everyone's posts, including mine???
Thanks for the suggestions.

The MF forum software is due for an upgrade at some point – hopefully that will introduce some new ways of subscribing to and being notified of threads.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well, Windows 7 Stinks a LOT less! :D

Changing forum software is something that the forums here will not be able to do. To me it's pretty easy now to find every thread I have replied to and get email notifications for all the threads I am subscribed to.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
man this forum is addicting...i'm supposed to be finishing an essay on PVS and brain dead people for bioethics...its 12:51am:)

thanks Aptmunich.

dtravis7, LOL at W7. It is easy though.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
thank you mods:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.