First ever Mac computer, a few questions

Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to buy a macbook, theirs no doubt about it, but I Was wondering if I should wait until snow leopard came out, then bought my macbook?

MacBook - Apple Store (New Zealand) I'd be getting the "aluminum 13-inch MacBook. 2.0GHz", as I said before, this is my first mac and I have no experience with them, so I Have some questions

1. Can I change the harddrive myself, is it difficult, I can do that with a PC easily.
2. Can I change the ram myself, is it difficult.
3. how many ram slots do the macbooks have? And with the ram they come with is it 2x1gb or 1x2gb ram sticks.
4. Are their any good MSN/windows live clients for OSX leopard?

thanks
majinbuu1023 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
If you want the computer now, get it. No-one really knows when Snow Leopard is coming out. At all, rumours are just that - stories.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes.
2) Yes - its stupidly easy.
3) They have 2 slots - all RAM is installed in matched pairs.
4) I use aMSN, which gives me everything that I used MSN/Windows live messenger for.

I will just say that all the questions you asked are answered on the forums and a quick search would have found you the answers you were looking for and more.

Enjoy your MB when you get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
as above with slight changes...

1) yes
2) yes
3) 2 slots, 2x1GB standard
4) i'd go with adium for anything IM related no matter what service you use. Very customizable, slick interface, and easy. Also comes with growl support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
it is 2 slots like what was said supporting upto 4gb but it is said you can install upto 6gb(2gb+4GB) but I am not sure. i also agree adium is much better. and wait until snow leopard is release it is suppose to be much better, unless they will offer a free upgrade at some point. it is also suppose to be released in the next few months

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.