Is it worth it?

Reaction score
I found one of these on eBay and the seller wants $1300 for it. I just wanted to know if this is a good price being that it's an early 2008 model before I purchase it. It's model MB325LL/A which is an early 2008 model.

Thanks in advance,
Wyman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, it isn't a good price.
It's a bit high.
Apple is selling refurbished, newer model iMacs for under $1000.
Plus, if you buy the refurbished from Apple, you get a full one year warranty and still have the opportunity to bring that to a full three years with an Apple Care extension.

OP
C
Reaction score
No, it isn't a good price.
It's a bit high.
Apple is selling refurbished, newer model iMacs for under $1000.
Plus, if you buy the refurbished from Apple, you get a full one year warranty and still have the opportunity to bring that to a full three years with an Apple Care extension.
Hi D3v1L80Y -

Thanks for your reply. So it's still not a good price if it's brand new? I forgot to put that in my initial post.

Wyman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, it still is too high.

It's not a new computer, it's the early 2008 model.
Doesn't matter if the box was never open, it's still an older machine.

I have attached the suggested selling price quoted from Mac2Sell for the model you are looking at on eBay.

You can still buy a brand-new 2009 model iMac with better specs for $1200.

Unless you're planning on buying a machine that is more than 2 years old, you should avoid eBay.
Just get a new machine or refurbished one direct from Apple.

imac.jpg

OP
C
Reaction score
No, it still is too high.

It's not a new computer, it's the early 2008 model.
Doesn't matter if the box was never open, it's still an older machine.

I have attached the suggested selling price quoted from Mac2Sell for the model you are looking at on eBay.

You can still buy a brand-new 2009 model iMac with better specs for $1200.

Unless you're planning on buying a machine that is more than 2 years old, you should avoid eBay.
Just get a new machine or refurbished one direct from Apple.
Ok, I will avoid the eBay transaction. Thanks so much for your insight. Could you send me the link(s) for the one you say is $1200? I'm interested in a 24 inch but if a refurbished is cheaper then I can bend a little.

Wyman

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
To look at refurbs to your hearts content go to apple.com - the click on the 'Store' link - then scroll down the left side to Special Deals and Refubished Macs.

They have what looks to be the very machine you were asking about for $999 and as D8 says would come with a 1 year warranty.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you both for your responses. I now know how to proceed.

Regards,
Wyman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
I see you've already made the (wise) decision to avoid eBay, but I should also point out that when you buy an Apple refurb, you get a full 1-year warranty and you can buy AppleCare just like with a new Mac. If you buy a machine over one year old from eBay, you not only have no warranty but you can't even add AppleCare to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.