Appletalk in OS X

V

videonastie

Could anyone give me a link or tell me how to connect to other users, through an ethernet connection, in OS 10.2? (i.e, Chooser, appletalk, password) :blink:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
go to System Preferences > Sharing. there you will find your sharing information and computer name, and a tab for Appletalk. in OS X, everything you need as far as computer information (like passwords and users) will be in your System Preferences. if there are some stuff you wanna change that isnt there, its in a seperate App in your /Applications/Utilities ... there youll find like Keychain access (passwords) and System Profiler. hopefully this will help with what youre looking for.

OP
G

gatorparrots

To connect to an AppleTalk share, in the Finder choose Go -> Connect to Server (CMD + K).
If you have a firewall running on either the server or client machine, make sure you open up TCP port 548, since this is the port upon which data is transmitted for AppleTalk over IP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.