Buying Mac Pro

Reaction score
I'm considering buying an 8-core Mac Pro, is this the right time to buy one, or should I wait?

OP
G
Reaction score
But they've been saying about USB 3, Blu-ray etc. and the release of Snow Leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
But they've been saying about USB 3, Blu-ray etc. and the release of Snow Leopard...
...and people will always say things.

It doesn't mean that it will happen any time soon... or that it will even happen at all.
If you need the computer now, then get it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm relatively fine with my first generation Intel iMac... but I'm itching for an 8-core one, and being almost 100 years old I want something that will be up to standards for my granddaughter as well.

Reaction score
Hi,

For buying an 8 core MacPro, it will depend on your purpose. Is it for 3d Graphics or heavy Video Editing? As fas as I know, very fer softwares now support multi-core processing or utilizing 8 cores. Hardware now is more advance than software. The Quad Core is adequate for most applications for now.

OP
G
Reaction score
Nah, I've got a good pension, I'll go for the 8-core. Anyway, they say that Snow Leopard will utilize multi-cores more efficiently, so I'll wait for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have an eight core Mac Pro now (not the most recent update - got mine a year ago or so) and it is a screamer. No need to wait for Snow Leopard, although I am certainly eager to see if it speeds things up even more.

My advice? If you need a new Mac now, get one now. Get Snow Leopard when it comes out...

My two cents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.