Mac Applications for Lawyers

Reaction score
Law firms have predominantly used PC's probably since the first lawyer joke came out! (hey maybe if they would've been using Mac from the beginning, the story would have a brighter twist wouldn't it!?! :Oops: )
Anyways, to what can be fixed...I have my own firm and have been personally using Mac for six months now since the PC to Mac switch. Great decision so far I must say.
Nevertheless, pretty much all productivity software like case management, time tracking, billing, litigation, etc have been developed for PC and in some lucky cases, adapted to Mac and the latter rarely works as if developed Mac all the way.
Any lawyers out there that have been through the same dilemmas and want to share some experiences/recommendations?!
I am strongly interested in hearing suggestions about case management and billing software. Blackberry tricks using Mac are very welcomed as well since, as we all know, the synching experience using at least PocketMac is a bit limited, specially since no applications or OS upgrades can be performed.
So, wrapping it up:
-Legal office management software
-Case management software
-Billing software
-Blackberry uploads softare for Mac
Thank you all.
LV

MTI

Reaction score
The evolution of law office machinery goes along these lines:

Scribes . . . typewriter . . . IBM Selectric . . . IBM Mag Card . . . IBM Displaywriter (or Wangwriter) . . . PC running WordPerfect over Novell Netware . . . . PC running MS Office on Windows Server . . .

OP
lvivoni
Reaction score
Thank you Harry. I spent some time a few days ago doing some research on this and saw those sites among some others. I noticed all of them pretty much present the software seemingly commercially biased [$] I guess. Nothing wrong with that of course, but I am interested in listening real experiences. How good or how productive they can really be when dealing with the real routines. data entry, reports, invoices, and the rest of the mess attnys have to deal at the end of every month.

MTI, thanks for the bits!

OP
lvivoni
Reaction score
I read Time Slips is a veru well reviewed application for billing purposes. I also read they dropped efforts to develop the software for Mac. Anybody know anything about this?
Also, have anybody out there have tried Time Slips and Daylite3 that could offer some opinions on their experience?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.