ibook cosmetics

Reaction score
I just noticed that the ibook on the bottom and on some areas on the top looks like the white paint inside the ibook is thining...or look like black streaks

It is very noticeable, at first you think its the light, but then u notice its as if the inside is fading away and i am losing the whiteness

Reaction score
Which model is it ? I've got a ibook G3 800mhz and it still looks great. Sounds really strange, like the paints not hardened, could you post a photo of it ?

OP
J
Reaction score
i have the newest ibook, the paint looks like it is thinning. almost see thru it
or its turning black

X

xthisisRomancex

to my knowledge, The new iBook iisnt painted that was only on the other g3 models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, it's white plastic...

Maybe try cleaning it? (MR clean magic eraser rocks for cleaning the iBook)

OP
J
Reaction score
the inside looks as if it was running paint...i know its from the inside, nothing from the outside...something is going on...see black voids.. that are very smooth and big.
on the bottom i have 3 black streaks that are 4 inches in length that are as wide as 1-2mm
on the back of the screen, at the edge, it looks like every other cm is black then white

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Do you have any photo's ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.