Powerbook and broadband card connection sharing with my network?

Reaction score
I'm in an area where cable, DSL and satellite are not feasible. A friend has a Verizon wireless broadband card in his laptop, and has confirmed I have signal at the cabin.

I need to know if this is possible, and what to look out for:
- I want to use a Verizon broadband card in my Titanium Powerbook (Mac OS X v.10.3.8) as an Internet gateway for the rest of my home network.

- I want to access the Internet with that Powerbook
- And have two other desktop Macs and one Dell laptop get their access through the wireless router.

So, I'm used to taking a cable Internet connection through a modem and feeding it to my wireless router, with the desktops connected by ethernet, but will the router and hub work in reverse? If so, can I do it without the Powerbook being hard wired to the router?

Resulting signal path: 1.) From Internet to broadband card in Powerbook, 2.) to wireless router, 3.) through RJ-45 ports on router out to other computers.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff

As an option, I could put the broadband card in the Dell laptop and hard wire it to the router. But I don't know if Windows XP Pro SP2 can share an Internet connection. Anybody ever done this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
You wont be able to use your configuration because your mac doesn't have a network switch to connect to the router but just google 3g routers and you will find the solution you need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you go here and get a copy of SCO 165 it shows one option for sharing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.