My first Mac

T

tafika

I first used a Mac when I was little, and that was only to play this kiddies game my Dad had on it.
That was the first computer I remember having, and it didn't last long. Soon after, we always had PC after PC after PC (Yes, we like computers in this family)

I recently got quite into the graphic design thing. And the art and media department at my college use Macs. So my Dad thought I should get one so I could get used to how they work so I don't look dim when I try for my first job in graphics.

We bought an eMac from eBay. It's brand new, never been taken out of the box, and was £200 cheaper than if we had bought it direct from Apple.

So after setting it up, and just playing around as much as I could with the software until some useable stuff arrived for me to play with, I tried my best to get used to it.
Was better when photoshop and Office etc etc arrived. When I actually had something to do on it. lol

I love my Mac now. And quite often find myself pressing Alt when I'm on the PC downstairs (I'm yet to network my Mac, so I have to do all my online stuff on the PC)

It's great stuff. And so much prettier than PC's.
You have no idea how amused I was by certain features.
Yes yes, simple things... ;)

I've had it barely a week, and I couldn't let it go now. :)
All I need it to pursuade Dad to network it for me... hehe.

Reaction score
Yes, Macs are good for Graphic Design and used alot by design companys. It was a really smart move of Apple to really start paying attention to the design side of their computers. I started off with a Macintosh LC which ran in OS7, I really liked the system but the computer was nothing special in looks and then the iMacs came out and I thought wow that looks really cool. I had to have one (Got a lime coloured imac 333mhz) and still really like the design to this date.

I'm glad your enjoying your new mac and hope that this continues :headphone

Reaction score
congrats :) thats one of the reasons im getting a mac is to do graphic designs and web development aswell enjoy your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.