Mini is acting funny !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Ok I"ve run the AHT for my Mini on it, tis a Core Duo 1.66Ghz model with subtle upgrades to RAM and HD, it passes easily but she's acting really screwball on me, Airport likes to drop the connection to my wireless router (actions not shown by my eMac or Toshiba Laptop which both surf wireless), Also Safari likes to hang when I attempt to close it. it's running Leopard with 10.5.6 Update installed and whatnot, any ideas would be useful before I go and nuke the system and start fresh cause this is getting annoying.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
How long has it been doing this?
I guess your description is a tad vague, but based on it, I would, also, personally nuke it if the problem didn't clear up soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
But what is its history - how many user accounts are there and have the LAN settings updated from since u got it. Have u had it from new? does it run on ethernet OK? How have the updates to Leopard been done viz what other crap is on the HD and in the .plist files. Hard answering questions or giving useful advice without any view of the big pic

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One user account, been working fine since I brought it home a year or so ago, Got it home, freshly set it up from the restore DVDs then upgraded it to Leopard (thanks to the new 160Gb HD), was originally Tiger for Intel, Not used a lot but mainly for internet browsing n the like and managing my iPod. Nuking the drive is an option but I'd have to rebuild my iPod playlist setup. Just in the last 48 hours it's started to do these weird things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So the question has to be - what else did u change 48 hours ago?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be honest, nothing....not one thing.....most times it just sits there waiting to be used....like I said, it's not used frequently....heck my G4 eMac gets more use than the newer Mini.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.