More Multi-Finger Click Options

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Basically what occurred to me while using my trackpad after just using my mighty mouse was that I love being able to squeeze the sides of the mouse and go into exposé. Its such a quick way to navigate my open windows. Why couldn't something like that exist as a simple click on the trackpad, similar to a two finger click being the same as a control click? Of course I realize that I can simply press F3 on my MBP's keyboard to achieve the same thing, but it seems like a wasted potential for the trackpad not to have a three finger click, maybe even a four finger click for dashboard. If these new multi-finger clicks were enabled, the user should be able to customize them like the various clicks on the mighty mouse.

Is there a way to create another click that involves multiple fingers?

Does anyone out there know how to code a feature like this for Leopard, or is this a feature I'd have to wait to be included in one the future OSXs?

What do you guys think? Should there be more click options for the multi-touch trackpad? Should these be customizable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Basically what occurred to me while using my trackpad after just using my mighty mouse was that I love being able to squeeze the sides of the mouse and go into exposé. Its such a quick way to navigate my open windows. Why couldn't something like that exist as a simple click on the trackpad, similar to a two finger click being the same as a control click? Of course I realize that I can simply press F3 on my MBP's keyboard to achieve the same thing, but it seems like a wasted potential for the trackpad not to have a three finger click, maybe even a four finger click for dashboard. If these new multi-finger clicks were enabled, the user should be able to customize them like the various clicks on the mighty mouse.

Is there a way to create another click that involves multiple fingers?

Does anyone out there know how to code a feature like this for Leopard, or is this a feature I'd have to wait to be included in one the future OSXs?

What do you guys think? Should there be more click options for the multi-touch trackpad? Should these be customizable?
Slide down with 4 fingers to invoke exposé, up with 4 fingers to reveal the desktop and left or right to bring up the app switcher.

Check System Preferences > Trackpad for all gestures.

(This is assuming you have a new multi-touch trackpad)

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Slide down with 4 fingers to invoke exposé, up with 4 fingers to reveal the desktop and left or right to bring up the app switcher.

Check System Preferences > Trackpad for all gestures.

(This is assuming you have a new multi-touch trackpad)

Haha, nope! I have the non-unibody MBP. That would explain why it seemed like such an obvious feature my trackpad was missing!

Close Thread!

Reaction score
Haha, nope! I have the non-unibody MBP. That would explain why it seemed like such an obvious feature my trackpad was missing!

Close Thread!

If you have the early 2008 MBP, and have upgraded your system to 10.5.6, then you can get all of the same gestures available on the new MacBook Pro. Additionally, there is no extra software to install at all. I have had this on my MacBook Pro, early 2008, for approximately 2-3 months now and have had no problems at all.

Here is the link:

10.5.6 [Tutorial] How to enable four finger gestures on early 2008 MBP/MBA natively - Mac Forums

Hope I Could Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
If you have the early 2008 MBP, and have upgraded your system to 10.5.6, then you can get all of the same gestures available on the new MacBook Pro. Additionally, there is no extra software to install at all. I have had this on my MacBook Pro, early 2008, for approximately 2-3 months now and have had no problems at all.

Here is the link:

10.5.6 [Tutorial] How to enable four finger gestures on early 2008 MBP/MBA natively - Mac Forums

Hope I Could Help.

Wow, shooting_rubber! Just got it, works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.