Will Mac mini suffice for digital photography / HD video editing?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie to these forums and a would-be newbie to Macs. I'm a looooong time PC user using Adobe CS4 for serious-hobby related media. I've been told by so many Mac users that once you go Mac you never go back. All of my current software is PC and I don't have the big cash to buy a monster Mac but I'd like to try one. I also don't want to throw money away on a machine that I would eventually wished I'd put towards a better machine.

My question is would a Mac mini suffice for serious amatuer photography / HD (AVCHD) video editing? If not would a iMac be fine?

Thanks...

kny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz 8GB
It depends on the sort of response times you're used to. My 2009 mini loaded with 4GB RAM does me proud using CS3 and LightRoom - no complaints here, but then again I never really got into it when using PC's so it's hard to benchmark.

I've always been a bit of a performance 'nut', so I guess that says something if I'm happy with what the mini delivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.