Bluetooth Problem with my N73/MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz Aluminium MacBook with 2GB DDR3 RAM and nVidia GeForce 9400M graphics ;)
Hi all, hope I'm posting this in the right forum... I'm having problems setting up a bluetooth connection between my (aluminium) MacBook and my Nokia N73... I have updated to the latest OS X 10.5.6, so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem... I have also updated my MacBook's firmware to the latest version...

What happens is that I go to the Bluetooth pane in System Preferences, and follow the steps to set up a new bluetooth device. Everything's fine until after I enter my passkey, and the system just seems to hang for a long time, apparently "gathering additional information about your mobile phone".

If anybody could please help me with this, maybe I'm doing something wrong...? Or is there a particular piece of software I need to install before I pair my phone with my Mac...?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 250GB 2.4 intel.
Radst3r, sorry to tell you that I have exactly the same problem since friday. But in my case the phone was perfectly paired, but I ran a system update on it and Kabooooooooommmmmm, all you described above is now also my story. A friend of mine also got a Mabook a cople of months ago and couldn't pair his N95 with it. I wonder if this is a symbian problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I got to work this morning and looked for customer service from Nokia to see about this problem. I wrote all the details about the problem and a couple of hours later I got their answer. Talking about great customer service huh! What I received was some directions on installing some files and plug inns in my mac, so as soon as I get home tonight I'll do that and write the results here. I case you want to try these possible fixes here are the directions I got by mail:

Download and install i Sync from Nokia Europe - iSync - Overview

You must have Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later.

Download the necessary plug-in from Nokia Europe - iSync - Compatibility & download

Once the plug-in is downloaded make sure iSync is not running.

Double click on the plug-in image and a virtual drive will appear in the mac finder.

Double click on the plug-in installation package so installation can start.

Once the installation is donde you can eject the virtual drive and send the disc image to trash.

Now you can start iSync with the plug-in installed.

I might have some errors in the writing since I'm in mexico and got this instructions in spanish and I had to translate it to english. Sorry ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
Great that the solution is there. I just dropped in because I did not know we could Synchronise Nokia phones on Mac OS, I thought anything other than iPhone would be futile. LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And I got to tell you that the N97 that is comming this summer it's really catching my attention with a 5MP camera, dual led flash and capacity of 32GB of internal storage + SD slot for up to 16GB of extra memory :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to tell you guys that Nokia's solution didn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update:

After sending another e-mail to let them know that the solution didn't work I got the answer. It's a Mac issue. How can they say that? The System update on the phone was the one that created the problem. Are they thinking that I will stand by them for a 50 dollar worth of Nokia product? That I will just say "hey, the mac is the one that has the problem, let me see how I get rid of this MacBook and get a PC so my Nokia Phone can pair?

Just too ridiculous if you ask me.

I'll have to wait to see the coming new iPhone this summer and forget about Nokia after 10 years of staying a loyal customer.

This issue is also a topic in the Nokia site and the allaboutsymbian forum.
Is there someone that can pair his newer Nokia with the latest firmware update to a mac? I might just be very unlucky and everybody else is happy with they're phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.