iBook power button is broken!

H

hollypop

I have a first gen (i think) i Book - with silver surround to the keyboard.

It has been playing up for a while and has now stopped turning on - i have had the battery replaced an i think the problem is the power button.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it??

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmmm, you might have to remove the case and see if there is a physical problem with the button, i.e. is there something blocking the contact that triggers the switch?

Other than that I'm not really sure...

Reaction score
Could be that dirt has got in the sides of the button, this is often the case.

if you carefully take it apart and clean it then it should work again. You could also try giving it a vacuum with a vacuum cleaner if your not too keen on taking the ibook apart, be careful not to scratch the plastic around the button. Stick some sponge round the vacuum attachment before you start (But not over the air inflow take of course). Or take the battery out, turn the ibook upside down and press the button a few times.

If this doesn't work then you will have to take it apart or if the ibook is still under warranty then contact apple and get them to fix it. :doctor:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.