Migration Assistant

Reaction score
I tried to transfer my old settings over to my new hard drive using the migration assistant but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I also manually transfered my old bookmarks file over for firefox yet this hasn't done anything either!

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Depends on what you are trying to achieve and what OS you have. mostly Migration assistant is used to copy all ones data from a current Mac to another Mac, but there can be issues such as when moving from Panther to Tiger. Even from Tiger to Leopard if it includes from PPC to Intel machines there are steps to make the changeover happier. For backing up ones data to guard against fire/theft/mech failure using SuperDuper or Carbon Coby Clonere is a good way to go.

OP
S
Reaction score
There aren't any changes with the operating system. The main things I want to copy over are the bookmarks in Firefox and stickies. Copying the bookmarks file over didn't help, they haven't showed up in Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.