Itunes 4.7

W

Wilymon

ok, i'm sure i'm not the only one, but ever since i downloaded Itunes 4.7.1 i cant use... my favorite program on my stupid PC! does anyone know a way to go back an update? back to 4.7? is there a place i could download it? help!!! i miss my Itunes.

OP
W

Wilymon

ok - quick update:

i found 4.7.0. and nothing

then i downloaded 4.6 and nothing

then i noticed something very weird, my 4.6 has party shuffle! so somewhere on my computer traces of 4.7.1 remain and i dont know how to get rid of them... why did i ever download that bloddy update?!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You are using Itunes in Windows correct? If so go to these directories and zap everything.

c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq Presario\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes
c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq Presario\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

That is where the config files are stored. See if that helps. If not look for the quicktime files and get rid of them also.

OP
W

Wilymon

dtravis7 said:
You are using Itunes in Windows correct? If so go to these directories and zap everything.

c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq Presario\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes
c:\Documents and Settings\Compaq Presario\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

That is where the config files are stored. See if that helps. If not look for the quicktime files and get rid of them also.

i zapped and rezapped, nothing.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Wilymon said:
i zapped and rezapped, nothing.

What OS are you running on your PC?

I have the 4.71 update on 2-3 of my PC's and it works great under XP.

Reaction score
Buy a mac.

Sorry that was totally un-called for but I couldn't resist. Hope you get it sorted.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mr Bobbins said:
Buy a mac.

Sorry that was totally un-called for but I couldn't resist. Hope you get it sorted.

I will have to agree that Itunes runs smoother and loads faster under OSX than Windows. Everything seems smoother and faster.

But the PC version does work just fine. I thought deleting the preference files would do it but there must be something else. Maybe it's in Quicktime that Itunes uses.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try deleting Quicktime also along with Itunes and then reinstalling? ITunes uses Quicktime.

OP
W

Wilymon

dtravis7 said:
Did you try deleting Quicktime also along with Itunes and then reinstalling? ITunes uses Quicktime.

ya, i tried that. the weird this is that back when i upgraded to 4.7 and my music started playing with static and skipping, all .mov videos did too! i mean, the ones i watch on the internet. i'm so pissed about the whole thing.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know what is up on your system. Both my main PC's with every Itunes Upgrade I have installed have been fine. No popping or static and they work 100%. Something has to be up in Windows somewhere. That is all I can think of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.