Leopard OS X Question about Multiple Mouse Options

Reaction score
Yes, I'm relatively new to this website. So, if this isn't the right area for this thread I apologize.

I've had an iMac for the last couple years with OS X 10.4 Tiger as the operating system. A few months ago I got a macbook pro with OS X 10.5 Leopard.

I was just messing around with my Exposé options in the System Preferences and I came across a very strange occurrence.
-click-

What are all these mouse options?
Does it have anything to do with the track pad?
I considered that, but 30-something different ways to use the track pad sounded a bit ridiculous.
Does it have anything to do with the Mouse Keys option in the Universal Access pane?
If so, are they only available when I turn Mouse Keys on?

I don't remember if it was like this when I first got the macbook, and if not then maybe it happened somewhere along the line when I downloaded this or that. I do remember this not being the case on my iMac when I had Tiger on it.

Any intel would be great, but it's not an urgent matter by any respect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Just had a look at your pic. Seems to be that that window with the 32 mouse selections is not part of Sys Prefs. As far as i recall tiger has separate selection for Keyboard and Mouse where one gets to assign functions to mouse. What is the menu bar that is just out of your screen shot - include that and repost the pic it may shed more light on the query of 32 and get you the answer you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
humm... that seems very strange. I agree with Collin Bl, give us a full screenshot of the incident

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.