Neo Office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Ok , So the only program from windows that i still missed(note past tense ) was OpenOffice.org. It is an open source Office program that rivaled Microsoft office and it was free ( donate if you can ) . I had been using it for years and it rocked!

So I was getting ready to buy iWork after my free trial and found out that they had ported Openoffice to Mac!!!! I was so happy and that was when I discovered Neo Office. Written for Mac using the open source code from it sister program Openoffice ! It is awesome . I cant say enough about this program. I will import from and export to all "Office files"

So if your looking for the best office suite out there and don't want to spend hundreds of dollars the this is for you.

ok so maybe I got a little excited ! Here are the links to both programs:

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

NeoOffice Home

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep, that's pretty standard.

you'll notice a few people always mention them (mostly neo office) in any posts regarding office suites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.