Installing 2 OS on one MAC

Reaction score
I have a 2GHZ PowerPC G5 Tower and have installed a 2nd hard drive. My primary drive has 10.3.9 OS on it and I want to keep that OS to access various software and OS9 programs. On the new drive I want to install 10.5.6. Can I do that and how

Reaction score
Easy, When you install Leopard just choose your 2nd drive as the install location (make sure you've formatted the drive correctly). If you want to choose between OS'es, use the ALT key at startup.

Robbie

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the insight. Believe it or not, searching the internet for a straightforward answer was not working out. Additionally,I was curious if the OS 10 programs on the old drive (i.e. photoshop9, dreamweaver8, word, etc.) would work or would I have to re-install them on them the second internal.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the insight. Believe it or not, searching the internet for a straightforward answer was not working out. Additionally,I was curious if the OS 10 programs on the old drive (i.e. photoshop9, dreamweaver8, word, etc.) would work or would I have to re-install them on them the second internal.

You should re-install them from Leopard. Otherwise, whenever you're booted to Leopard it won't know those apps even exist. You can re-install them over the top of their existing locations on the other drive if you choose or the new drive. The idea is so that Leopard can find them.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.