Please advise me to buy a Macbook

Reaction score
what type of Macbook for Web Developer???

hi all,

I am planning to buy a Macbook. My purposes are Web Developer. So now i don't know what type of Macbook to choose. I don't want to waste money to buy an expensive Macbook such as Macbook Pro 2.66 15" or above.

Please advise me to choose of: White Macbook, Macbook 2.4 or Macbook Pro 2.4.
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
If you are going to be using Visual studio you will have to run it via boot camp, I think you might be better off with a normal windows pc. Also this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Mods note: Thread moved.

I'm doing some ASP .net development at University this summer using Visual Studio using Parallels. It's doable, but for serious development you'll probably want to use Boot camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you are going to be using Visual studio you will have to run it via boot camp, I think you might be better off with a normal windows pc. Also this is in the wrong part of the forum.
Yeah, if you're going to be using Visual Studio, then don't get a Mac.
Just get a Windows-based machine, it's the better tool for the job.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Depending what .NET you're doing, you might be able to use Mono. If not, stick with a PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.