World of Warcraft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Hello everyone,

I know Macbook is not really suitable for gaming and to be honest, I never even used my PC for gaming as I play games on my PS3 and I love it. However, there is one game, which I am crazy about and I know its available for mac but I generally wanted to know that does it work alright on mac? Can anyone who has it tell me if that person encountered any serious issues or problems?

I'd highly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I would turn the settings to low, because in some of the major cities could choke your macbook same if you ever hit the raid scene.

Reaction score
I was finally able to get it to run decently on my macbook ... sure it slows down sometimes, but it's not TOO bad, and it's still playable

I'm at work now, but i'll come back later with my settings

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, thank you so much guys.

I thought because of the advanced graphics card, we could have played on high settings but I guess I was wrong. Anyhow, it won't matter to me much as even on my PC, I used to play on low settings but I was hoping that it might be different on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ok, thank you so much guys.

I thought because of the advanced graphics card, we could have played on high settings but I guess I was wrong. Anyhow, it won't matter to me much as even on my PC, I used to play on low settings but I was hoping that it might be different on the Mac.
Depends on the Macbook...
If it's a newer model with the NVidia chipset, it should run pretty decently. On the older Macbooks with intel chipsets, it ran, but you needed the low settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
If you have the aluminum macbook, you're fine. I've got the 2GHz unibody macbook with the 9400m, and i had to cap my fps at 35 because it was running between 90-120 on medium to high settings (adjusted for taste).

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah well I have the new macbook 2.0 Ghz one. I will surely try it out soon since my exams are approaching and I haven't renewed my account yet so will do that after my exams and then check it out myself but still just wanted to have some idea thats why posted a topic.

Thank you so much guys for your help.

Reaction score
I can run WoW on my MacBook Pro 470

i am also crazy about WoW and I am using Macbook Pro. Everything is fine, even better preformance than it on my ASUS machine. :eek:

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well I will surely try it out then after I am done with my exams. Are you playing on the horde side or alliance?

Reaction score
both

Actually, I have two IDs in different sever. So I play both horde and alliance.
In horde, I have tried priest and hunter, troll. In alliance, I have mage and rogue, human.
Warrior is good. I want to try.:D :D :D

Your blood is mine!

Reaction score
Well i totally forgot to come back with my settings (and now i'm at work again :p)

But if you have the aluminium macbook, you'll be fine

And I just leveled my first toon to 80 this weekend :D (i'm a fairly new player)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.