Converting pdf to doc or pages

Reaction score
I have a pdf that I want to attach to e-mails, but I want it embedded in the e-mail and not "attached". my thoughts are that I'll have to convert it to a word doc or pages doc. So this question is two fold:

a) is there a way to embed the pdf as it is? how?

b) if not, how do you convert a pdf into a doc or pages format?

thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you had acrobat professional, then you can export a PDF as a word doc.

If the PDF is just yext then you can copy and paste from Preview to word, if it has multi columns then use the alt key in Preview to select single columns

OP
I
Reaction score
Actually I DO have acrobat pro. I didn't know it would do that though... haven't played with it much. I found the export option and sent it to Word Doc, but it's not even close to what the original pdf looks like... any ideas?

It appears it's as simple as clicking export and selecting word doc. just ain't workin'. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you want to embed it in the email, your best bet is to just actually copy in the text itself..
Whether or not embedded documents will be displayed depends on the Mail client: OS X Mail for instance has no problem displaying PDFs inline, but won't do so for word documents. Windows mail clients may display word document, but definitely won't know what to do with a pages file.

Your best bet may actually be to just leave it as a PDF..

OP
I
Reaction score
the only problem with copy paste is that there is a lot of graphics on the pdf... and quite frankly Acrobat does a pretty crappy job at converting it... doesn't even get all the text.

as far as the Nitro PDF to Word application... it looks good and I'd like to try it however that link doesn't give me any way to download it... I've looked all over the page and clicked on a few links... no "download" option...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's because PDF files are often more like images than they are structured Word documents. So, the conversion process is very limited to a "framework" that doesn't always fit. Your best bet would be to convert to Word and then adjust it as best as you can to look the way you want it to. There really aren't any other systematic ways to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
copy and paste works. It may be old school, but it will get the job done. Just copy and paste the individual images and then format as nessessary

OP
I
Reaction score
;D Never mind... I just realized that what I was looking at wasn't a "screen shot" of the program, but WAS the program... it's an online converter. my bad, lol. didn't work anyway... it's just not liking the graphics in it. and the text is all over the place. I'll just save it as a jpeg I guess... makes it slightly more blurry, but still readable. thanks for the help everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.