External DVD burner problems with Fusion

Reaction score
I just purchased a usb external dvd burner to use with 1ClickDVD Copy Pro and DVD43 on windows xp. I have been using the software through Fusion and bootcamp (seperate installs) with no problems. Now that I have added the usb dvd drive, I am having problems with the DVD43 decrypting program recognizing the dvd in my external drive.

Normally when you put in the disc dvd43 scans the drive and makes it available to the dvd burning program. This does not happen with the new external drive. Furthermore, the autoplay dialog box that eventually pops up shows "Music CD" rather than DVD movie.

When I boot into xp via bootcamp I have no problems as the disc is immediately recognized and decrypted. Clearly this is a problem with the virtualization software. Anyone have any ideas? I thought Fusion was supposed to have pretty good usb functionality.

OP
L
Reaction score
Another thing I have noticed is that when booted into XP via BC the drive clearly shows as a dvd drive, with a dvd inserted (according to the autoplay dialog box). Again, in Fusion it shows Music CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.