iTunes won't burn to my external CD/DVD burner

J

jrb

I have a Power Mac G4 with an internal Superdrive. Recently, I baught a much faster external burner to be primarily used with DVD Studio Pro. Since it makes CD-R's much faster than my internal drive, I'd also like to use it with iTunes to make mix Cd's. Alas, iTunes doesn't register that this drive exists nor does its preferences menu allow me to switch from internal to external drive for burning. I can always use Toast to make CD-R's but it doesn't seem to encode the songs with title/artist/album info that iTunes does. Do I have any options? Thanks.

OP
K

Kokopelli

What is the exact model of your external burner? There are a couple possibilities depending on the manufacturer and model. Patchburn being the obvious possibility. If it is a LaCie drive it might have vendor based support which is what I would suggest if it is available for your model.

(I am sure a mod will correct it but it is also not polite to cross post.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Please do not cross post, we got your message.. we got your message three times. Thank you! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Kokopelli is right:

Patchburn 3 should solve your issue. Download and install the correct patched drivers for your burner...

Reaction score
jrb said:
I can always use Toast to make CD-R's but it doesn't seem to encode the songs with title/artist/album info that iTunes does.
If it's a normal music CD then iTunes will not keep the title/artist/ablum info either it just looks like it will but the next time you re-start the computer and put the CD back in the info will be gone !! :rolleyes:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.