Installing Windows via Parallels problem

Reaction score
I have installed Parallels 4.0 Trial Version but when I try to get Windows XP running it tells me "Insert systemdisc and press any key". What does that mean? I have the XP disk in the cd drive but it is not in display on the desktop during this process. I am more than a little confused. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of Windows XP disk are you trying to install via Parallels? The XP disk must be a full install disk. Further, it has to be either a MS boxed version or system builder's OEM version. Other types of disks will not work - such as recovery disks or most OEM branded disks.

A correct install CD will respond when you start the installation. (You'll see the blue MS DOS screen with options highlighted.)

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for that - much appreciated. The version of XP is from a site license at work. I will have to check with my network manager.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.