Scared of Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, in reading hundreds of reviews, I'm scared to buy a mouse. I loathe using the trackpad, and don't know keyboard shortcuts. My brain is too lazy to learn them. I need a mouse! The problem is that a lot of people are saying that this mouse or that mouse froze their macbook, and so many say they are incompatible which causes problems. What do you have? What will work without causing damage? I have a 13" Macbook. It's a baby, only 3 months old.
I can't read any more reviews. I want wireless (not bluetooth), with a nano receiver.
Come on, tell me whatcha' got!

Reaction score
I'd recommend the Logitech V450 Nano Cordless. Trouble-free, easy to set up, and the price is reasonable. Also, it has great range -- I have used the mouse up to 5 feet away from the USB receiver without a problem. Furthermore, the battery lasts a very long time.

Specs: Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks - Mouse - Wireless - 2.4 GHz

The only drawback is that a nearby cordless phone could cause interference.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No mouse should cause damage to the computer, period. My guess is that some of the people that wrote those reviews suffered from a loose nut behind the keyboard.

Why would you want to lose one of your few USB ports, when you could just as easily have a Bluetooth mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.