MSN not working :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Hello everyone,

I use Adium to connect to MSN and yahoo. Yahoo is working perfectly alright whereas MSN isn't connecting at all from the past 24 hours you can say. I even tried connecting MSN on microsoft's own MSN client but it doesn't connect from there as well. It was working perfectly alright before. I have no clue whats wrong. Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I use Adium and everything appears fine. Are you sure your username/password are correct?

Perhaps the MSN servers were down (they must be okay now though as I just logged in).

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I am using the correct username and password. Mine isn't still connecting, however, the rest of the things are working perfectly alright...I really wonder whats wrong :-(

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh its working now...Yaaaay...I am actually using a netgear router and I remember that at times my MSN didn't work with XP so I changed the MTU size to 1400 and it started working in the WAN settings. I thought this wouldn't work with MAC since that problem only came with XP but since nothing else was working so I decided to give it a try and it actually worked.

Just telling it if in case, this can help anyone out there :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.