Mobile Me

Reaction score
Hi people,
I have been thinking of signing up for a mobile me account and was wondering, what its like? is it any good? do you find it beneficial?
is there any flaws?

Reaction score
I had the one before (whatever it was called) and the upload / download speed in Europe was so bad it was unusable. Maybe it is now better?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Try the 60 day trial.

Many of the services can be done elsewhere for free or minimal cost. What are you looking to utilize from MobileMe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've had it for a while now and have been happy with it. If you do the math it breaks down to less that $10/month and if you have multiple Macs and/or an iPhone the sync feature is extremely handy.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can sync iCal with Google Calendar and access the mobile version of GCal for free. It all depends whether or not you want the polish and ease of setup of MobileMe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a lot more than that.

Since I have a Mac (iBook) that I use when I am on the road, the ability to keep my bookmarks, E-Mail accounts, Keychains, iCal info and address book synced with my Mac at home (and my iPhone) is really nice. If I change anything on any of my devices it is all sync'd to the others automatically. The MM e-mail pushes to the iPhone as well (vice pull for the others, including G-Mail) and is really handy for quick e-mail real time when out and about.

Reaction score
I find the ease of use worth every penny. My macs and ipods stay in sync and I don't have to even think about it. I keep a few files stored there for safe keeping even though they are backed up other places too. It works so seamlessly with the iLife Apps that it becomes just another part of OS X. I can share photos and videos with friends and family around the world with just a click or two. I make HTML personalized holidays cards and post there and just send an email link. I just know I don't want to try and strap together a bunch of free stuff that wasn't designed to work together on my macs when there is something that gives me ease of use and lets me spend my time doing other things I like. So yeah with my Calendar, address book always in sync with which ever of my Macs or Ipods I'm on no matter here in the world I am it works good for me, but your milage may vary.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a lot more than that.

Since I have a Mac (iBook) that I use when I am on the road, the ability to keep my bookmarks, E-Mail accounts, Keychains, iCal info and address book synced with my Mac at home (and my iPhone) is really nice. If I change anything on any of my devices it is all sync'd to the others automatically. The MM e-mail pushes to the iPhone as well (vice pull for the others, including G-Mail) and is really handy for quick e-mail real time when out and about.
Absolutely and I agree that the ease of use is worth it for many people but much of what you described can be done for free. While it may take some more effort, the features of MobileMe can be found elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolutely and I agree that the ease of use is worth it for many people but much of what you described can be done for free. While it may take some more effort, the features of MobileMe can be found elsewhere.

Yes, but you have to go to multiple sources to get it and the integration is not all that nice or seamless. In the end it's worth the price IMO. If $10 (actually $8.25)/month is to much for you, by all means look elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 250GB 2.4 intel.
I used it for the free trial period and didn't continue the service. The gallery didn't work on PC's so sharing my pictures with them or accesing to it from my work computing was impossible. As long as you where on a mac you where trouble free, but what is the point of having that if you loose your mac or iphone and you need a file that you have in Mobile me and you can't get it. I think they still have a lot of issues to fix. For me, it was dissapointing.

edv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro iPhone and 2nd gen iPod
May drop mobile me

I was syncing my iPhone to my MacBook when an error message came up so I lost all of my phone numbers and address book contacts. Mobile me has lost my iCal information deleting appointments which I have restored.

Now is there a glitch with mobile me? The big question is there a chance of getting my contacts back into my Address Book????

edv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro iPhone and 2nd gen iPod
Still cannot get Address Book files back

I have AddressBook-v22.abcddb 172kb
AdressBook.data 479kb
AdressBook.data.previous 754kb
So now I did put AddressBook-v22abcddb on my desktop which when you click on it I tell it that it is an Address Book file and nothing. Anyone can you tell me why I cannot get my address book files back since they are on my computer. Mobile Me seems to have a glitch that deletes files like my appointments in iCal. I am going nuts with this so any ideas.
:Confused:
I got this fix off the support site which was supposed to fix this annoying problem. HELP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.