Entourage 2008 problem

Reaction score
I turned on my computer this morning and received an error when Entourage 2008 opened. "entourage 2008 cannot access your data" There is problem with your database, use the database utility to rebuild your data.

there is an "ok" button which when clicked closes Entourage and launches database utility.

You cannot access any entourage menu items.

I cannot rebuild the database as it gets hung and says that the rebuild process failed. I did some research and found out that I probably need to create a new identity.

PROBLEM IS: I cannot create a new identity because Entourage won't open.

Please help!

Thanks,

Scott

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Try step 3 here. This should hopefully help you in getting a new identity up and running.

OP
I
Reaction score
That does not work. It requires me to be able to "switch identities" which I can not do as Entourage won't load.

PLEASE ANY ONE?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I believe your identity is stored in the Microsoft User Data folder which is inside your Documents. This folder is created automatically the first time to start Entourage. Try moving this entire folder elsewhere (desktop, external drive, wherever--just remove it from Documents). Then start Entourage. I suspect it will create a new Microsoft User Data folder along with a new identity.

If it doesn't work you can always copy it back into Documents and you'll be no worse off than you are now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.