cannot get G5 to work wirelessly

Reaction score
Okay here goes. I have a G5 which is around four years old. I have inherited this machine and wish to go wireless for the internet. Bought the airport card and installed it, also bought an antenna(don't know if i needed to or not). My internet provider has given me a netgear router which seems to work when placing the ethernet cables from the modem and then from the router to the G5. However I cannot get the G5 to work wirelessly.It just comes up with "you are not connected to the internet"
I have been trying to sort this out for ages now and would really appreciate any help at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Is the router a wireless router?

If so, how are you going about trying to connect? Are you seeing your network under the airport menu and entering the password (if any)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you might also have some security set at the end of the router, if it's mac address based, then you will need to add the mac address to the allow list (by mac I mean physical)

or just check your airport catd settings if they are the same as ethernet - dhcp or manual ip ...

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi the router has a a cable running from the modem into the back of it.Sorry I don't even know how to set up the airport.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.