Broken Apple ID, how to fix it?

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I think there is a problem with my Apple ID, because there are several things that just don't work. I've tried many different computers; it's not a client issue.

--> Who can I contact about a defective Apple ID?

I have tried to get support about this, but I run around in circles. Apple Support will charge me for iPhone support but will not help with iTunes; they refer to apple.com where I can't register -- because my ID is broken.

Symptoms:
  1. When registering in the Apple Forums, I sign in with my Apple ID and then get a forum registration form. When I submit this, I get the same forum registration form again. I've seen other users register, and it works with their ID's.
  2. In iTunes, I can't purchase a gift coupon. There appears to be a problem with my account.
  3. In iTunes, I want to sync with my iPhone but it will only *wipe* my iPhone, not back it up.

I am also having other problems -- perhaps because of this broken ID. I'll post those in separate threads though, to keep things clear.

Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
hmm.... when I had an issue with my Apple ID and lost password, I contacted Apple directly and they were very helpful.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I've now submitted a support message again on apple.com/support. Perhaps it was a fluke that it didn't work last time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.