Print Screen

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a macbook air and was wondering is there anyway i can print screen, like you can press print screen a pc keyboard

cheers
Edwyn

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
yeah there is. Press Command shift and 3 for a full screen print. Also you can press command shift 4 and drag a box on what you want to copy. Then a file appears on your desktop.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you for that, will try when i get home, presumerly i can drag to photoshop, amend as i need to and copy into work

Edwyn

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Yeah it appears as a jpg on your desktop. You can use it anyway you like. It is a great little feature.

Reaction score
There are several ways to do a screen capture. Here are the ways I am aware of.

To Screen Capture:
* Command+Shift+3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen, and saves it as a PNG file on the desktop.

* Command+Shift+4, then select an area with the cross hairs: Takes a screenshot of the area and saves it as a file on the desktop.

* Command+Shift+4, let up and then hit the space bar, a camera will pop up then click a window: Takes a screenshot of the window you clicked on and saves it as a file on the desktop.

* Command+Control+Shift+3: Takes a screenshot of the screen, and saves it to the clipboard.

* Command+Control+Shift+4, then select an area: Takes a screenshot of an area and saves it to the clipboard.

* Command+Control+Shift+4, let up and then hit the space bar,a camera will pop up, then click a window: Takes a screenshot of a window and saves it to the clipboard.

In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command+Shift+4 or Command+Control+Shift+4):

* Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves.

* Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region.

* Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point .

To cancel you can also hit 'Esc' and get rid of the crosshairs/camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You can also go to Applications > Utilities > Grab

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.