Microsoft office installation

Reaction score
I had trouble installing the latest version of microsoft office eight for mac. The issue was that I originally downloaded the trial from microsoft's web page and I installed it with a trail serial key that they had provided, Then I fully uninstalled it and registered with the new Full edition product key through installer and when I clicked on Excel it popped up please enter your product key and I did and it said invalid, I rang microsoft and they stated that it was a valid serial key and it should work, however on the bottom it comes up with manual activation when I click there is a link for customers service and when I click on that it ask what are you using I hit trial Microsoft office and it comes up with nothing incorrect link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
benben how did you uninstall the trial version? There have been reports of problems if it has not been uninstalled completely prior to installing thew full version. Dragging it to the trash is not sufficient.

Pop in your Office 2008 disc and look for an uninstaller there.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The uninstaller is in the folder additional tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.