having problem with my portable hdd..

Reaction score
I havent had this problem before. But now everytime I try to transfer items from my macbook to my external hdd (western digital scorpio blue in enclosure) it get to a certain point and then it just stops. in order to get it started agin I have to uplug it and try again. I have used different chords but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Also it is formatted to FAT32.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How large are the files that you're trying to transfer? FAT-32 formatted drives are limited to a file size of around 4 GB. That limitation does not apply for drives formatted to HFS+ or NTFS.

If the file sizes are OK and the drive is quitting anyway, the problem may be hardware related. Run Disk Utility from Applications, Utilities, and do a verify and repair of the drive.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.