Dent in the wrist rest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
So my dog dropped his bone off the couch onto my MacBook Pro below...There is a little dent about a quarter of an inch long about 1 inch to the left of the trackpad. Everything still works fine, but that ugly blemish is going to drive me crazy, and I don't plan on replacing this thing for at least 3 years. I took the battery out and I can see the little dent protruding ever so slightly into the battery compartment. I thought of taking a soft mallet and trying to tap it back into shape, but I was afraid I'd only end up breaking something. Has anyone ever fixed something like this? How much would it cost to have apple replace the casing (or is this even possible)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Don't tap it directly with a mallet. If you are going to try and fix it, first tape the side that needs fixing(the side that your wrists lay). Then find an object that is flat, and as big as possible that still fits within the area that needs to be flattened. Place the keyboard side, face down on a flat surface such as a table. Then, VERY gently tap the flat item you found with a rubber mallet. The key words to this process must be gently and slowly. Make sure you take your time because this is rather thin aluminum and they bend back very easily if you are not careful. I'm wishing you the best of luck!
$3XX sounds a bit much for a dent that can be fixed relatively quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
My iphone fell on mine a couple days after I got the computer. I'm pretty sad, but i'm hoping sometime in the future they will have some reason to replace it under warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.