Cleaning my Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Hello everyone,

I got the new macbook and with it, I got a cloth to wipe the screen, however, I was wondering how to clean the body of the macbook, when it needs to be cleaned? Should I use a slightly damp cotton cloth? I'd highly appreciate if you can help me with this.

One more thing...If I at times rest my palms on the lower part of the macbook, will there be any marks left on it in the long run? I hope you are getting my point since one of my friends told me that he used to at times rest his palms and wrists while typing and his notebook (I think he had a vaio) later on had marks of his wrists on the lower side of his notebook so i was wondering if its the same with the macbook and whether we should be extremely careful regarding this matter or not.

Thank you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cleaning the macbook

Hello everyone,

I have the aluminum one and I was wondering how exactly do you guys clean the exterior as I feel that at times? Do you use water or any sort of liquid?

About the screen, yes I know that apple has given us a cloth but when I switch off the macbook and see the screen in sunlight, I see very very small spots. I even slightly dampened the apple screen cloth to make the screen perfectly clean.

When I'm using it, I can't see a single spot but generally when I see it properly in the light when the screen is switched off then some of the spots are slightly visible. Any way of cleaning them and getting rid of them? I'd highly appreciate your help here.

Thank you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Check this link here. It should answer your questions.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So we can use the lint-free cloth provided by apple for the exterior and interior both or is it better to keep separate ones for the exterior and interior as I only use that cloth for cleaning the screen?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I personally don't use the cloth that came with my Mac and use a sock instead. It works like a charm. I don't clean the exterior of my MB but you can probably use the same cloth.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh alright. Thank you so much :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.