Download managers

Reaction score
Hi,

On Firefox on Windows I sometimes use a program called "DownThemAll". This will automatically download all links on a web page one after the other.

Does anyone know if there is a reputable plugin for Safari (preferably) or another application that can be used to do the same thing on Mac OS 10.4 or 10.5 ?

Thanks,
Andrew

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why not use Firefox on your Mac with that extension?

OP
S
Reaction score
Good point, thanks. I didn't know it was available for the Mac, but now I see it is.

I would still prefer to use Safari on the Mac, is there anything similar that doesn't require Firefox, and is free?

I tried out the program "Speed download" which looks great. It is $25, which seems reasonable

Reaction score
Good point, thanks. I didn't know it was available for the Mac, but now I see it is.

I would still prefer to use Safari on the Mac, is there anything similar that doesn't require Firefox, and is free?

I tried out the program "Speed download" which looks great. It is $25, which seems reasonable

Try IGetter with Safari
iGetter Download Manager

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To be honest do not think Download Managers are worth the money as they do not speed up downloading times and with Speed Download, you can be sure when Snow Leopard is released, another registration fee probably as when Leopard was introduced.

Reaction score
To be honest do not think Download Managers are worth the money as they do not speed up downloading times and with Speed Download, you can be sure when Snow Leopard is released, another registration fee probably as when Leopard was introduced.

Download Managers do a lot more than just speed up downloads and some of the good ones are free...When my ISP had a download cap I used igetter to download at 2:00 am while I was asleep. From 2 am to 5 am was fee time that didn't count against my download cap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But is it worth the $25.00 asking price?

Reaction score
But is it worth the $25.00 asking price?

Do you have a problem with paying for software? Use it for as long is you want, if it is worth it pay for it..

Right off their site:
You may evaluate iGetter for as long as it is needed to decide if it suits your needs and if you want to purchase it. iGetter will show a shareware reminder dialog at every startup during this evaluation period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No they are not worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.