Macbook Battery unresponsive but fully charged.

Reaction score
I am on a white macbook 10.4.11 ( I believe, but just going from memory) and am unable to use it due to the fact that when I open it up, the cursor indicates the computer thinking and it doesn't stop.

Earlier this week, the gray, blank screen would show up on start-up and fail to move past this. I was able to put in the installation disc, however, unable to do disc utility and ended up erasing my computer and starting over. It ran fine for a day and now it seems to be going back to how it was before. It starts up and shows my desktop image and everything loaded except for the time, battery power, internet, bluetooth, etc on the top right and it just "thinks" for a very long time. If it is not thinking, I am able to click one or two things on the program I want to use before it closes or becomes unresponsive as well.

I have had my macbook since October 2007 and it worked smoothly with no problems except for a defecteve disc drive when I first got it and was able to get it replaced under warranty within a year.

What I've noticed on my macbook is that the battery lights on the back are not on. I can press the buton and all the lights turn green. I'm thinking it is an unresponsive battery.

I do not know how to solve this problem and am looking for any feedback someone might have.

Thank, Jessica.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.