MS Office for Mac and spaces

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Hi,

I have tried everything from Lotus Symphony to iWorks to NeoOffice to MS Office for Mac 2008, and have found that I still go back to MS Office for sheer efficiency and compatibility with the rest of the world. But I absolutely pull my hair out with it when it comes to spaces. I work with 4 spaces, and Office never stays in one space. Is there a solution to fix this?
Is there any other Office type software out there that you would recommend?
Thanks,

Nigel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
System Preferences > Expose & Spaces > Spaces tab

add ALL of the office suite under Application Assignments

OP
nigelivy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Mike, I have added all of the suite into Spaces and assigned them to a space but I still have problems with Office whether I have the formatting palette open or not... :S

Reaction score
Office '08 doesn't work with spaces. According to Nadyne (Mac Business Unit at MS), it's a disagreement with the coding and Apple so far has been non-cooperative in working with Microsoft to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.