how can I remove downloaded items that will not complete

Reaction score
Will someone please tell me how to remove downloaded items such as Firefox that will not complete due to memory lack on my PowerBook G4?

Thank you.

Please know I have searched the helps but I must be really computer challenged.

I will also appreciate how to install more memory. Is it a hardware or can it be downloaded?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Memory is hardware and must be bought in sticks.

If you're talking about the .dmg files for firefox or other files you have downloaded then just drag and drop them in the bin. I assume that they are downloaded to the Downloads folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Just drag the items from you Downloads folder into the Trash.

Memory must be bought and physically installed. It's fairly easy to do and you can find some good deals on memory cards.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks to all for tips. I really appreciate all answers.

I guess I'll have to plan a visit to the Apple store and have someone put in memory.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Could be wrong - but, my guess is that the downloads not completing have nothing whatsoever to do with memory and upgrading the memory will not help at all.

Don't believe I have ever heard of a download not completing due to a lack of memory.

My guess is that your hard drive is full and has run out of empty space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 PowerMac G4 450MHz PPC, 1.25 GB RAM, 1 Unibody MBP, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD
Bobtomay is right. Memory will not cause a download to cease. I'm thinking hard drive space is the issue. Go grab a nice external hard drive for about a hundred bucks you can have more than enough storage room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Ah, yes EHF, I thought you were asking about two separate issues. I don't think memory would have anything to do with incomplete downloads, it sounds like a matter of hard drive space.

But if you want to get more memory, skip the Apple Store for buying memory. They WAY overcharge and you can start looking for good deals here:

Apple Mac Memory Upgrade Options: Easy Buying Guide, Installation Videos too. LifeTime Advance Replacement Memory Warranty at OtherWorldComputing.com

You can easily install it yourself as follows:

How to install memory into a Powerbook 15" G4 Aluminum | Wonder How To

OP
E
Reaction score
Oneironaut, Thanks. I have a 17", will the 15" link still help. Thanks very much for the links. I don't even know how to get into this machine. I got it brand new and do not want to damage anything.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.