Cod4 On Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo...1GB RAM
i was just wondering is there any chance i can run COD4 on my macbook i only have a normal 2.2ghz with 1GB RAM?

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

i have a 2.2ghz 2 duo core ... with 1GB RAM, can someone tell me if i can run COD4? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You can since cod4(mac version) only plays with mac that have intel chips. I happen to have the game ind it plays perfectly on my uni mbp. the basic requirements on the back of the game case state that you need(minimum): OSX, core 2 duo, at least 2.0 ghz, minimum of 1gb ram, at least 128 mb of video ram.
The recommended system requirements are: OSX, 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, and 256 of video ram.

I think it will play on your system fine but, don't expect stellar graphics!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
hmmm. it also says that, "intel integrated video chipsets are not supported"...so, I guess I am wrong because i think yours is an integrated video chip, right?

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i have a integraded video, basically the one that comes standard with the macbook .... :(

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ive been trying to find the demos so i can see if it would run but i cant seem to be able to find it anywhere to download. if anyone knows where i can get a demo from let me know please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'll be on the lookout for it

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, i just dont want to waste my money and then it dont work haha :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
yeah i agree with you because they are not cheap $6X.XX with tax unless you go on fleebay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I run CoD4 on an integrated chip. The X3100. With a modded config, it runs great. However, it cannot truly compare to an Nvidia graphics card (specifically the ones in the unis) so if you want the best experience, that wouldn't be the best choice.

I'm quite happy to run it well personally. Graphics suck though.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm is it really that ugly to play? hehe i mean im not the pickiest gamer... :) did the upgrade to 4GIG RAM make a big difference?

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
defiantly not going on ebay ;) hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
No amount of RAM is going to change a mega slow intel graphics chipset.
Yo really need an iMac or the new Macbooks with nVidea graphic chipsets.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
na i didnt mean if it made a difference in graphics, just generally using the macbook. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I run CoD4 on an integrated chip. The X3100. With a modded config, it runs great. However, it cannot truly compare to an Nvidia graphics card (specifically the ones in the unis) so if you want the best experience, that wouldn't be the best choice.

I'm quite happy to run it well personally. Graphics suck though.

are you running it on bootcamp with windows? Why would it say on the game case that integrated chipsets are not supported if yours is working? I wouldn't mind knowing this myself.

I run my COD4 on mac with the 9600m GT, and the detail looks better than the xbox 360 with 1080p!! anyone want to buy a 360:D jk.

I still haven't been able to find a demo for it....maybe it's not available anymore!?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
If you have a 9400M or 9600M GT, it'll run great.

If you have an Intel GMA 950 or GMA X3100, it may not run at all. If it does, it'll be really slow and crappy.

MacBooks are not gaming machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Yeah, I use bootcamp and XP 32 bit.

It's very playable, but the graphics truly suck. I used a modded config to reduce ping and up frame rates. I have a great gaming PC that rocks so hard, it's not even funny. However, it still plays well.

HOWEVER, I do think it has trouble with some courses. I mainly play Broadcast - and I never worry about the server ping. Ever. Because that course plays so smoothly.

In short, if you're not picky at all and just want to run it well, then it should work fine. You need the modded config though.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so basically if i run everything on low graphics the game should be able to run!?...nice :) ive just been using it my macbook for autocad and 3d BUT I WANT GAMES haha!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
so basically if i run everything on low graphics the game should be able to run!?...nice :) ive just been using it my macbook for autocad and 3d BUT I WANT GAMES haha!

No, you have to do some further modding of the game that isn't possible by just turning all the in-game settings down. I haven't done this myself (my PC is more than powerful enough to run this game perfectly) but I saw a website where a guy went through a tutorial of stuff you can do to increase performance. They make the game look awful though.

Oh, I just found the thing. It's a bit hard to interpret at first but if you're just careful and follow the directions it might work. One thing is it requires you to use the Windows version.

CoD4 FPS tips - Call of Duty 4 Forums

However, like I said, MacBooks aren't for games. If you want games, get an Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, or gaming PC. You could probably do Peggle or World of Goo, but not Call of Duty. I certainly wouldn't spend money on a game that I'm only going to be able to play at 20 fps with super-ugly graphics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.