Monitors And Resolutions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo...1GB RAM
I have bought a macbook propably 1 year ago and i have decided that i was gonna buy a monitor, thinking of getting a 22inch DELL. how does it work with the resolution's? and is i the quality good? :)

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I don't really understand the second part. But you will need a mini DVI to DVI connector. It will work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I have my MBP hooked up to a 22" monitor at a resolution 1680 x 1050 which looks pretty good. It's done via mini-display port > VGA. Once you plug the monitor into the Mac then you can mess around with resolutions until you find the one that suits the monitor best.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the responses :) ... can you have it so you run two screens at one time like a separate monitor and the macbook screen?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks for the responses :) ... can you have it so you run two screens at one time like a separate monitor and the macbook screen?

Of course you can! Just do it!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Yes - I use my big monitor and MBP monitor as separate screens although you can alter the settings so that both are viewed as the same screen.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Monitor Issue

i have bought myself a 22inch monitor which i have connectecd to my macbook. how do i get the dock to be on the big screen instead of on the laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
System Prefs > Displays > Arrangement: Drag the menu bar to the other display.

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks buddy :) worked a treat!

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but do i have to leave my laptop open at all times or can i just close it?

just one thing i have a issue with now....can i acutally close my macbook but continue running on my big screen?

i have just bought a new 22inch monitor to connect to my macbook... everything runs fine :) but i just want to know if i can actually close my macbook while still running my screen? :)

yeah i have a external keyboard and mouse :) just when i close my mabook it goes into sleep mode hehe, which closes my big screen aswell with it. so how do i just keep the big one on without it going into sleep mode?

Reaction score
not sure...but I think you need to adjust your power settings so that the you don't put your computer to sleep when you close the lid

The danger in that is simply the heat from the computer damaging the lid - not sure if this is a problem for macbooks, my brother just fried his screen on his pc laptop...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Yes ! After you get it all hooked up just close the lid allow it to sleep then just wake it up with the keyboard( I assume you are using a key board and mouse)

Oh but My Macbook runs a little warmer with the lid closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
yes. You can. Sort of anyway. With an external mouse and keyboard you can run your laptop in 'clamshell' mode, ie as a desktop. But it must be plugged in to a power source. I've done this a couple of times with my macbook and its great. Just need to buy a keyboard. Problem is I *need* so much other crap too!

OP
n3rmin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks that was a lot of help :) works perfectly now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged multiple crossposts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.