Another "I just bought it" thread

A

awu_gigabyte

Allo. I just ordered my powerbook yesterday, should be here around the 12th i think...can't wait

Specs;

15 Inch Powerbook
1.67ghz G4
Radeon 9700, w/ 128mb ram
1 Gig ram
100gig Hard drive
8X super drive

I'm hoping 2005 will be the year of no more windows for me! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz! My switch has proved better than expected!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
congratulations!!!

OP
I

IChing

You are gonna love it, I still use a pc at home (games), but love my powerbook.
Was you last computer a notebook also? This PB was my first mac and notebook. I taught school with old macs though. congradulations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
congrats!! that looks like a really sweet setup :mac:

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

thanks!

my last setup..hmm.

I have about 3 other computers, my linux server, my windows laptop, and my windows desktop. (each of the 2 windows computers will be linuxized soon).

OP
J

jessica

my pbook just came today and it is the amazing thing i've owned in the computer world.
next to my wacom which i adore.
pictures if you're interested

My PBook

OP
K

killer_bites

witeshark said:
Congratz! My switch has proved better than expected!

Ditto, my powerbook is amazing. Everything i install - i.e. php, mysql etc just works. I thought i'd be entering the relms of a world of pain but no - it's wicked!! :D

OP
J

jessica

I wanted to get the gig of ram but alas I found it way cheaper after market so I am getting that instead.
Plus I can sell this 512 and get the 2 - 1 gig sticks or I may get 1 gig now and keep the 512 until I am ready to play more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
IChing said:
You are gonna love it, I still use a pc at home (games), but love my powerbook.
Was you last computer a notebook also? This PB was my first mac and notebook. I taught school with old macs though. congradulations

You teach school and can't even spell CONGRATULATIONS? This is why public schools in America are in the tank. Look who's teaching them?

You're in California though. I guess petty things like math and spelling aren't important. Bashing President Bush and indoctrinating children with liberal propaganda seem to be the curriculum-of-choice out there.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
245_Trioxin, please note that the t and the d are in close proximity or each other. So it could be just a typing mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
I hope it was just a typo. Usually I don't even care about spelling mistakes or grammar or something like that. BUT when somebody says they're a teacher and make those mistakes, I find it alarming.

OP
Z

zap2

lets not go and do anything crazy now and support bush now ,ok??

one day a democrate will fix USA from bushs mistakes ....one day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Guys, please keep it on topic. Politics and personal attacks have nothing to do with this thread.

Personal attacks are against the forum rules and off topic posts should be in their own threads.

Thanks!

OP
S

sketch678

First Time Mac Switcher too

Congrats!

Yeah I have the same exact setup! I just received my Powerbook on Tuesday... a day before the scheduled delivery date. It took 10 days... and wow.. I am lovin it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.