How to make useful a non-native application in Mac OS X 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had success compiling Linux binaries in my Mac using Xcode and wxWidgets. Here is my procedure and my problem with a specific application, hopefully some of you guys of the forum can help me.

I´ve been implementing an application which runs in Linux and Windows in my Mac (Leopard). The program is bwx-console, a GUI used to recover files backuped in a server using bacula. This is the procedure I´ve been following:
1.- Install Xcode 3.1.2
2.- Compile wxWidgets2.8.10 with different configurations like --disable-universal and --enable-x11
3.- Compile bacula-3.0.0 to extract bwx-console
4.- Adaping the configuration files with the server data
5.- Run bwx-console´s script

The script runs and set the connection with the server showing activity in the console, the complication resides in the hability to manage the windows. It doesn´t respond to keyboard neither mouse. Tabs are frozen and the only active buttons are the close-mini-maxi in the top. It always looks to be in the background, any other windows can be in front, even when they are not selected.

This message appeard when the close button is pressed: bwx-console(3946,0xa0504720) malloc: *** error for object 0x1033818: Non-aligned pointer being freed
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Any idea of the possible cause?

OP
C
Reaction score
I had success compiling Linux binaries in my Mac using Xcode and wxWidgets. Here is my procedure and my problem with a specific application, hopefully some of you guys of the forum can help me.

I´ve been implementing an application which runs in Linux and Windows in my Mac (Leopard). The program is bwx-console, a GUI used to recover files backuped in a server using bacula. This is the procedure I´ve been following:
1.- Install Xcode 3.1.2
2.- Compile wxWidgets2.8.10 with different configurations like --disable-universal and --enable-x11
3.- Compile bacula-3.0.0 to extract bwx-console
4.- Adaping the configuration files with the server data
5.- Run bwx-console´s script

The script runs and set the connection with the server showing activity in the console, the complication resides in the hability to manage the windows. It doesn´t respond to keyboard neither mouse. Tabs are frozen and the only active buttons are the close-mini-maxi in the top. It always looks to be in the background, any other windows can be in front, even when they are not selected.

This message appeard when the close button is pressed: bwx-console(3946,0xa0504720) malloc: *** error for object 0x1033818: Non-aligned pointer being freed
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Any idea of the possible cause?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.